Thankful Thursday - My Inquisitive Mind

Thursday 2 January 2014 2 comments


I saw that the lovely Karen over at Adventures of a Monkey Footed Mummy has got a new linky set up – called Thankful Thursday. For me 2014 is going to be all about the happiness, the fun, and loving my life, no matter how it goes. I am going to embrace excrement, celebrate sick and cherish my child filled days... it’s been far too easy to moan “stay at home mum is soooo boring, same day same ploppy nappies, no adult conversation for me, mind numbing days counting the hours till daddy gets home” I think you get the idea – so from now on I’m manning up and loving life and to start me off this week I have been thankful for...

Still having brain cells!

Just because I don’t have a job any more to prove it with, this week I’ve found that I’m still an intelligent, independent thinking, educated woman and when I want to know something I can still do my best to find it out. 

This week I’ve been thinking about car seats for baby due in May. This has involved lots of research, questioning, persuasion of hubby, sorting the ‘facts’ from the myths and keeping an open mind. Turns out when it comes to car seats there’s LOTS of bandwagons out there, LOTS of misinformation and LOTS of opinions. So I’ve taken the car seat world to task, I’ve gone to the source of any info info, gossip, rumour, statistic or sales pitch, be it translating German and Swedish test results, deciphering numerical safety ratings or forcing myself to watch crash test videos (I’m pregnant - seeing even pretend children in potentially harmful situations reduces me to tears...especially the recent test of a certain rear facing car seat where the ISOFIX mounts totally failed, flinging the child and seat straight through the windscreen of the test car...safe to say I did not sleep well that night).

So there we have it, I’ve been sorting and comparing many sources of information, reviews, technical test results and opinions and whittling down my choices to get me and baby the safest possible seat I can for our car and our lifestyle. It turns out I am still smart, I can do it, and I don’t need to be frightened that I’ve spent so long stuck in the household rut that I don’t have two brain cells to rub together any more. Phew.

Which car seat is suitable for my child? 
http://cybex-online.com/en/safetycenter/payattention.html


2 comments:

Post a Comment