Third Time's a Charm...

Tuesday 17 December 2013 0 comments


So, here we are again, we're pregnant for the third time. Hooray! Is that “Congratulations!” I hear you cry? I'll cut you some slack if you’re thinking something else... it’s funny the things people say when they find out...“you’re a glutton for punishment aren’t you?!”, “are you mad?!”, "you’ll have your hands full won’t you?!” (technically with two children my hands are already full... but I’m trying not to dwell on that fact too much). These comments are all well meaning, and all said in jest, but anyone would think having children was no fun, and that my life is set to be further ruined than it already is; I might as well wave goodbye to sleep for the foreseeable future and paint myself in poo and vomit as soon as I get up in the morning. 



To be honest, I can see where this is coming from... and when I had number two son, my life did effectively end for about 6 months (I literally never left the house...co-ordinating the requirements of a 13 month old and a newborn left me at a total loss). But this time I’m prepared, I’ve left a bigger age gap you see, number 1 son will be three and a half, number 2 son will be two and a half. I’ve stuck to the tried and tested unwritten rule of age gaps...you see I’m LEARNING. Someone said to me today – “so you’ll have three under four then?!”, yep, yep I will, and that doesn’t fill me with dread in the slightest, because I nearly had two children under one, had two under two for ages, and could easily have gone for three under three, but I haven’t – so am secure in the knowledge that the third time's gonna be waaaaayy easier than last time ... right?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment